Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First Blog

Hey Y'all!

Greetings to you from the great state of North Carolina! As you know we arrived in NC in June and have been trying to get settled since then. The last few months have flown by for us as we made the move from upstate NY to NC.

We are all trying to readjust to the heat and humidity of the south. Having grown up in Georgia, you would think that I would be used to the 100 degree days of heat and humidity, but they are making me crazy. The kids and I have been holed up in the house most days because it is to hot to go outside and play.

Carl is adjusting to Army life back here at Fort Bragg. He recently signed up for classes to finish his associate's degree. He only needs two to receive an Associate's. Hopefully, things will go well for him.

I am patiently waiting to see if I have a job with the online school here in NC. I want to stay home with Carsyn for one more year before I go back to work fulltime. I pray that they contact me soon. I have been trying to give it to God and not worry about it.

The kids are doing ok. They miss NY and all of their many friends there. They are bored most days and there is not much we can do here in such fierce heat, so I will be glad when school starts back so Lachlan can find some friends. They have each met the neighbor kids on each side of us, but it just is not the same. Carsyn misses her boys and Lachlan misses his girls! (and of course Luke too).

We, as always, are optimistic and know that life is beautiful!~

2 comments:

West Family said...

Hey Crazy Holts! How are you? I am so glad you started a blog, it is fun to stalk people this way. If you go to cutestblogontheblock and follow the easy direstions you can get way cute, free backgrounds for your blog. Hope all is well! Tell the kids hi!

Those Crazy Holt's said...

I went to cutestblogontheblock and it did have a lot of great things but took FOREVER to load. I hope you are all having lots of fun in Utah. You have to let me know which of you responds because Carl will never be on here. Anyways...will talk to you soon! Tell all we said hey!